The Rudrashtadhyayi contains eight chapters that originated from the Shukla Yajur Veda, which are especially beloved to Lord Shiva.
- The 1st chapter requests Lord Shiva to bless us with his firm determination.
- The 2nd chapter contains the famous “Purusha Shukta” in praise of the Supreme Being.
- The 3rd chapter worships Shiva in the form of the spiritual warrior Indra, the Rule of the Pure.
- Chapter 4th worships Shiva as Surya, the Light of Wisdom.
- Chapter 5th is well known as the Namakam, where we bow to the many manifestations of Lord Shiva.
- Chapter 6th we ask Shiva for blessings.
- Chapter 7th we make offerings to his various manifestations.
- The 8th chapter is famous as the Chamakam describing the divine characteristics of Shiva that are within us. The final chapter asks for peace and offers peace.
Presented in the Sanskrit with Hindi translation. The Rudrashtadhyayi has been chanted for thousands of years, by millions of devotees. The feeling and wisdom of these beautiful hymns of praise have been transmitted from generation to generation in the oral tradition of Guru Disciple relationship. Those who chant the Rudrashtadhyayi can feel the vibrations of the many generations of sincere worshippers and can receive this transmission themselves.
|Name||Saral Rudrashtadhyayi (Bhasha-Tika)|
|Author||Pt. Dharnidhar Shastri|
|Language||Hindi and Sanskrit|
|Publisher||Shree Saraswati Prakashan|
Saral Rudrashtadhyayi (Bhasha-Tika)
- Brand: Shree Saraswati Prakashan
- Product Code: SSP0280
- Availability: In Stock